CANANDAIGUA, N.Y. – With three runners finishing in the top 10 of the women's 5k race at the 2016 NJCAA Division III Cross Country Championships, Harper (Ill.) won its first-ever women's national title Saturday on the Bruce Bridgman Cross Country Course.
- Harper tallied 36 points to outpace runner-up Columbus State's (OH) 79
- Sophmore Ali Gutt of Harper won the individual title with time of 19:11.5 - the second-fastest time at the champoinship meet since 2012
- Sophmore Dianne Barajas and freshman Natalie Cook of Harper placed fifth and seventh, respectively
- In total, five Harper runners finished in the top 20
- Harper wins its first women's cross country title after national runner-up finishes in 2014 and 2015
- Harper is first team outside of New York or New Jersey to win the DIII women's title since 2002 (Southwestern Indian Polytechnic, N.M.)
Photos courtesy of Finger Lakes Athletics