Westfield, MA — For the seventh consecutive season, Harper (IL) reigns supreme in the NJCAA DIII men's cross country world as the Hawks captured the 2017 title at Stanley Park. Harper finished the meet with 84 points to edge second-place Suffolk County (NY) who totaled 100 points.
Onondaga's (NY) freshman runner Abshir Yerow captured the individual title, running the 8k course in a time of 26:24.8
- Harper placed five runners inside the top 28 to take the overall team title.
- Freshman Sean Sanaghan was the top finisher for Harper with a time of 26:52.
- Yerow edged two other freshman in a close finish as the top three runners finished within two seconds of each other.
- Suffolk boasted five top-38 finishers to take home second place for the second consecutive year.
- Sandhills (NC), Kingsborough (NY) and Middlesex (NJ) rounded out the top five with each team registering its best finish in program history.
- Daniel Taylor (Sandhills), Humberto Wallace (Kingsborough), Jake Caruso (Rowan-Gloucester), and Robert Spies (Raritan Valley) rounded out the individual top five runners.
- Harper swept the men's and women's cross country title for the second-straight season.
Photos courtesy of David Caspole