Hutchinson, KS - The 13th ranked Hutchinson (KS) Blue Dragons downed the Navarro (TX) Bulldogs in the Salt City Bowl on Saturday. At Gowans Stadium, the Blue Dragons offense proved strong, topping Navarro 35-6.
Hutchinson's quarterback Khalil McClain was named offensive MVP of the game. The defensive MVP honor went to cornerback Art Green of Hutchinson.
- McClain carried the ball 17 times for a game-high 185 yards. The quarterback's passing game was efficient as well, throwing two touchdowns for 72 and 65 yards. A primary wide receiver for the Blue Dragons, McClain's start as the team's signal caller on Saturday was the first of the year for the freshman, making the MVP performance all the more impressive.
- Green had a strong defensive presence for the Blue Dragons with two interceptions and two tackles.
- The Blue Dragons scored first on a 72-yard run by McClain in the first quarter.
- Huchinson went up 14-0 in the second with a three-play, 82-yard touchdown drive.
- Navarro answered with just under two minutes left before halftime with a 28-yard passing touchdown from Parker McNeil to Jared Wyatt.
- McClain added another score just before halftime with a 65-yard scramble to give Hutchinson a 21-6 edge heading into the locker room.
- After a scoreles third quarter, the Blue Dragons posted two touchdowns, both on short runs in the fourth.
- In the third matchup all-time between the two programs, Hutchinson earned its first victory against Navarro.
- Hutchinson ends the 2018 season with a 9-3 record while Navarro concludes the year 6-5.