Glen Ellyn, IL - The Nassau (NY) Lions defeated the Northland (MN) Pioneers in the Red Grange Bowl at MacDougall Field. Despite inclement weather in the area, the Lions topped the Pioneers 46-6.
Nassau maintained offensive control throughuot the game, scoring on their first four possessions to pull away
- Early in the first quarter, Nassau quarterback Steven Genova scored the Lion's first touchdown on a three-yard run.
- After an onside kick by the Lions, they turned the ball over to Northland. Following a forced fumble and Nassau recovery, the Lions scored on a 32-yard field goal to take a 10-0 lead.
- Towards the end of the first quarter, Nassau's Jeremial Nelson completed a 10-play, 53-yard dive for the Lions with a one-yard touchdown to extend their lead to 17-0.
- The Pioneers scored their lone touchdown of the game in the second quarter. Quaterback Craig Wells posted the touchdown for the Pioneers on a one-yard run with just over two minutes left.
- The Lions answered just before halftime with a 30-yard passing touchdown to Jaelin Hood.
- Nassau posted 22 unanswered points in the second half, including a 55-yard passing touchdown and a 29-yard rushing touchdown.