Waco, TX - The No. 4 ranked Kilgore Rangers topped the No. 20 ranked Pima Aztecs in the 2018 C.H.A.M.P.S Heart of Texas Bowl at Waco ISD Stadium in Waco, TX. The Rangers held the Aztecs scoreless, winning 28-0.
Kilgore's defense made big plays throughout the game. The offensive MVP of the game was Pima wide reciever Larry Rembert who had 11 receptions for 107 yards for the Aztecs. The defensive MVP of the game was Kilgore's Kaleb Ford-Dement.
- Four minutes into the game, Kilgore's Quez Allen scored on a three-yard touchdown scramble. Battling a windy day in Waco, the extra point was no good. The Rangers went up 6-0.
- After a 58-yard run by Kilgore's De'Montre Tuggle and a fumble recovery on the one yard line, Kilgore's Kevin Jones scored for the Rangers to increase their lead to 13-0.
- With just over six minutes to go in the second quarter, Kilgore's defense capitalized on a Pima bad snap with a safety to make the score 15-0.
- The Ranger had a big interception by DL Kelton Moss, to hold Pima scoreless before half time.
- Dement nabbed his sixth interception of the season just before the fourth quarter to set up Kilgore for score on a 20-yard touchdown run by Carlos Frank.
- Kilgore's defense came up with two more interceptions in the 2018 C.H.A.M.P.S Heart of Texas Bowl to preserve the shutout.
- The Aztecs end their season with a 6-4 record. Kilgore ends their 2018 campaign with a 10-2 record.