Yuma, AZ – Trailing 35-19 entering the final quarter, No. 6 Snow (UT) scored 24 straight points and provided a defensive stop on the a last-minute two-point conversion to capture the 2017 El Toro Bowl 43-41 over No. 10 Blinn on Saturday afternoon. The Badgers finish the season with a 10-1 mark.
The dual threat backfield of Jaylen Warren and D'Arman Notoa combined for 239 yards on the ground and four touchdowns for Snow to improve the Badgers' all-time bowl record to 17-5. Blinn wraps up the season with a 6-4 record after making its first postseason appearance since 2011.
Blinn jumped out to a 21-3 lead in the second quarter thanks to a 81-yard missed field goal return from Keith Watson. Snow battled back to within two in the third quarter, but quarterback Devin Williams catapulted Blinn to a two-touchdown lead heading into the final quarter. Warren and Notoa each registered a rushing touchdown as part of Snow's 24 unanswered points. Williams tallied his second rushing touchdown of the game with 22 seconds to play, but Blinn's two-point conversion was denied and Snow held on for the win.
- For his efforts, Warren was tabbed as the offensive MVP for the Badgers after averaging 8.6 yards per carry.
- Daymon Murray returned a crucial interception for a touchdown to give Snow its first lead since the first quarter. Murray was rewarded with the defensive MVP.
- Sicory Smith caught seven balls for 147 yards and two touchdowns to earn offensive MVP honors for Blinn.
- Jalen Cooper racked up six tackles, recovered a fumble, and tallied a sack to earn defensive MVP honors for Blinn.
- Williams passed for 268 yards and three touchdown passes to go along with the two rushing scores. The freshman quarterback finished the season with 2,290 yards in the air.
- Kekoa Sasaoka delivered a pair of field goals, including a 35-yard attempt to ignite the Badgers late-game rally.
- With the win, Snow reached double-digit victories for the third in time in the last six seasons.