HUTCHINSON, KS – Two defensive touchdowns and 405 yards of offense lifted Eastern Arizona to a 48-34 win over Hutchinson (KS) in the 2017 Salt City Bowl in Hutchinson, KS.
- Drewshawn Miller, Defensive MVP of the tournament for the Gila Monsters returned the first interception 78 yards for a touchdown – a Salt City Bowl record to put Eastern Arizona up 21-7 early in the second quarter. Quandre Mosley tallied the second pick-six late in the fourth frame to push the contest out of reach at 48-27 with 2:33 remaining.
- Offensive MVP Wilber Cooper carried the load for Eastern Arizona with 72 yards and one touchdown on 15 carries. Cooper also notched a passing touchdown to Isiah Esdale for 30 yards.
- Eastern Arizona's Quaderius Clemmon's touchdown strike to Christopher Brinson for 84 yards is the longest in the bowl's history. Clemmon finished the game with 120 yards and a touchdown off only four passing attempts . He also accumulated 50 yards on the ground on 10 carries.
- The Blue Dragons' Cam Jones threw for 90 yards and two scores, while running backs Chris James and BJ Emmons both added points on the ground.
- Eastern Arizona is now 2-1 in the Salt City Bowl after winning back-to-back years in 2016 and 2017. Hutchinson dropped its first loss in the bowl after starting 6-0.
- With the win, the Gila Monsters finished the 2017 season 8-4 while Hutchison capped its season off at 7-5.